We are seeking an EHS Coordinator to join our growing team. The qualified individual must be a self-starter who is organized and detail-oriented. Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to work independently.
Basic Qualifications and Skills
- Manages the maintenance and implementation of safety programs, compliance plans, and initiatives.
- Prepares and presents content at weekly safety meetings with employees. Maintains accurate records of training material and those who participated.
- Participates in the investigation of incidents, near misses, and property damage incidents. Ensures follow-up is done to minimize future exposure and maintains proper records/documentation.
- Conducts routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environmental, health and safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Organizes and chairs the monthly Safety Committee meeting.
- Maintains accuracy and currency of customer safety agency requirements – IsNet, Browz, Avetta, SMI, First Verify.
- Ensures the company meets all its legislative compliance obligations with OSHA, CAL/OSHA, EPA, AQMD, ADA, and fire codes.
- Serves as primary contact for all regulatory agencies for inspections, audits, permitting, and reporting.
- Keeps abreast of any safety and environmental law or regulation changes that impact the organization.
- Able to take necessary steps to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Acts as a role model for all company environmental, health, and safety standards.
- Keeps the President and Human Resources Manager up to date on matters relating to environmental health and safety.
- Assists in the oversight of the Worker’s Compensation program.
- Oversees safety of the facility – fire extinguisher inspections, blocked exits, D.O.T needs.
- Attends to special projects as required.
- Strong Safety Orientation and Background
- Functional/Technical Knowledge
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Relationship Building
- Osha 10 & 30
- Aerial Lift
- Confined space
- Underground Trenching and Shoring
- Electrical Safety NFPA 70E
- Good working knowledge of the construction industry (electrical preferred)
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Proven communication, organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- S. citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a drug test
- Supply verifiable references
- Be willing to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Be willing to work on some out-of-town projects